AIDS Moncton’s focus and mission is to improve the quality of life of those infected and affected by HIV/AIDS and to reduce the spread of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.
AIDS Moncton Inc. firmly believes in:
Quality of life for the persons infected and affected by HIV/AIDS
- The provision of services respectful of clients’ identified needs
- The respect of human beings regardless of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or socio-economic status
- A competent and dynamic leadership focused on a clear direction for the organization
- Interpersonal communication and teamwork based on mutual respect, confidentiality, trust, openness, integrity and loyalty
- Being accountable for its mission
- Managing resources effectively and efficiently by respecting established priorities
What support programs and services are available?
- Subsidized Housing
- Access to Workshops
- Treatment and health promotion information
- Support fund for persons living with HIV/AIDS
What prevention work do we do?
- Peer Education training
- Workshops on the following topics: homophobia; sexual orientation; and how to create safe environments for GLBTTQ youth.
- Education/prevention materials
- Information Line (506) 859-9616 (during office hours)
- Resources such as brochures, posters, videos, etc.
- Awareness Campaigns
- Youth peer education materials
- Prevention Education Presentations for schools, churches, businesses, and other community organizations upon request
- Information Displays
- Condom distribution
- Needle Distribution Service